List of Top 10 Best Bathtub Drains
- DUAL-PURPOSE DRAIN STOP & HAIR CATCHER: Press Flex?s center button to allow water flow and use as a hair catcher, push the upturned edges to snap the valve shut and use as a drain stopper
- SAY GOODBYE TO THAT CRUMBLING, OLD TUB STOPPER: Made of a flexible, durable and water-resistant silicone material, Flex has a sleek and durable design and will not rust
- EASY TO SET UP & MAINTAIN: Flex is effortless to install in any bathtub; simply place over your bathtub?s drain and you are set; fits most standard tub and shower drains; simply wipe or rinse with mild soap to clean
- DESIGNED BY ALAN WISNIEWSKI AND ANTHONY KEELER FOR UMBRA: This high-functioning bathtub drain measures 3 « inches in diameter and is 1 ¬ inches in height
- Design: Alan Wisniewski and Anthony Keeler
- EASY TO USE: Artiwell Tip-Toe Bathtub Drain Stopper is the best ideal replacement for your bathtub drain as it will give ease to your bathing experience by simply tapping close and open the drain, Choose from Seven color options to perfectly match with your faucet and the rest of your bathroom décor.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: Artiwell Tip-Toe Tub Trim Set Coming with High Quality Brass , Zinc and ABS Construction ,designed for Long-Lasting Durability.
- STANDARD DESIGN: Brass Threaded Adapter Bushing Fits 1-1/2" and 1-3/8" Drain Shoe Sizes. This Drain can fit both 1-1/2" coarse thread and 1-3/8" fine thread Drain Shoe Sizes. Screw the brass adapter bushing on the Bath drain , the diameter is 1-13/16" , can be fit 1-1/2" coarse thread. Screw the brass adapter bushing off the Bath drain ,the diameter is 1-5/8" , can be fit 1-3/8" Fine thread.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Includes drain rubber gasket and easy illustrated do it yourself instructions.so you could install the Bathtub Drain Stopper easily and quickly , great for saving your time.It takes only 5 minutes to complete the installation.
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Be confident in the quality and construction of each and every one of our products. We ensure that all of our products are produced to regional and national industry standards. We are proud of the products we sell, you will be too.
- BATH DRAIN STOPPER KIT: Bathtub drain stop kit makes for an excellent addition to any home bathroom
- DURABLE: This bath tub drain assembly kit features a durable brass construction for long-lasting reliability, and features a sleek, contemporary chrome finish which blends nicely with your faucet decor
- UNIVERSAL FIT: This silver bath drain protector kit can be adjusted to fit most drains with ease, and features adjusting holes present in the brass clevis for quick installation
- WHAT IS INCLUDED: Bathtub drain replacement kit features (1) 1-1/2-inch x 11.5 coarse thread, (1) 2-7/8-inch outer diameter body flange, and (1) 5/16-inch tapped washer
- EASY TO USE: The bath drain cover assembly kit features an intuitive lift and turn mechanism design which is easy to operate
- Bath tub trim set with tip toe drain plug and faceplate
- Tip toe bath tub drain plug (D3322)
- 1-1/2 in. NPSM (1-7/8 in. - 11-1/2 UNC) coarse thread exterior
- Two-hole faceplate (D329)
- Two (2) 1/4 in.-20 x 1-1/2 in. plated brass screws included
- 1-1/2 in. x 14 in. Black polypropylene tubes with slip joint washer seal for leak-free fitting
- ADA approved tip-toe bath tub drain plug. Press once to close and again to open
- Two-hole faceplate with two (2) 1/4 in.-20 x 1-1/2 in. plated brass color matching screws
- Two-hole elbow, shoe, and tee
- Heavy duty metal trim
- 【2-in-1 Design】 One unit performs dual functions, a shower hair catcher & a drain stopper. Never bother to change two kinds of stuff at all! Just press the center or the edge to easily change the function.
- 【Excellent Functions】 As a drain stopper, strong suction provides excellent seal; As a tub drain hair catcher, good-sized grooves help you effectively trap hair or other debris that can clog your drains; Innovative center drain holes are added, speed up the drainage when trapping hair.
- 【Premium Silicone】 Made of flexible food-grade silicone, it is durable, anti-slip and high ductility. Safer for kids and pets.
- 【Easy to Clean】 Whole shaped technology, no gap to get the hair stuck. It takes virtually no time or effort to clean it up!
- 【Wide Application】 Fit for most bathroom bathtub, tub, floor drain, kitchen sink and laundry sinks. 3packs with different colors: white, pink and grey, also a perfect decoration for your home or a gift!
- Anti-Slip Design: To avoid all accidents, our flat silicone plugs are made of soft thermoplastic rubber, wear-resistant and non-slip to prevent slipping or sliding on wet floors. This way, using the shower is easier and safer than ever.
- Durable to Use:Shower Drain Hair Catcher Made of flexible Thermo-Plastic-Rubber, drain hair catcher anti-slip, characterized by the resilience and abrasive resistance.
- Easy to Remove and Install:Put the drain hair catcher in the corresponding sink. While removing, just grab the clump out of the catcher and keep going.
- Widely Used Scenarios:Suitable for bathroom, laundry, bathtub, kitchen and so on.
- New Design：The latest environmentally friendly materials, more safe and comfortable, better water filtering effect
- All metal construction provides strength and durability
- Touch activated stopper opens and closes drains
- Provides a solution for missing or damaged tub drains
- Replaces lift and turn, push button and trip lever drains
- Includes various size o-rings for you to choose from to fit your existing tub drain
- BATH DRAIN STOPPER KIT: Bathtub drain stop kit makes for an excellent addition to any home bathroom
- DURABLE: This bath tub drain assembly kit features a push and pop design with a rubber seal, and features a sleek, contemporary chrome finish which blends nicely with your faucet decor; high quality zinc body is strong and sturdy, and corrosion resistant
- UNIVERSAL FIT: This silver bath drain protector kit can be adjusted to fit most drains with ease
- WHAT IS INCLUDED: Bathtub drain replacement kit features (1) 1-1/2-inch x 11.5 course thread, (1) 2-7/8-inch OD flange zinc body, (1) 5/16-inch tapped body, and (1) drain washer
- EASY INSTALLATION: The bath drain cover assembly kit features an intuitive design which allows for quick and easy installation
How to choose the best Bathtub Drains
Bathtubs are very common fixtures in homes today. Most modern bathrooms include a bathtub which has a drain pipe attached to its bottom. In most cases these pipes are connected to sewer lines. However there are times where the plumbing needs to be repaired or replaced. For example if the water level gets too high the floor could get damaged. Also if the drain line becomes clogged the bathroom could flood. To avoid these problems it is important to maintain the proper functioning of your bathtub drain.
The main function of a bathtub drain is to remove excess water from the tub. Water enters into the drainpipe via the overflow hole located near the top of the tub. Once inside the drainpipe the water travels downward towards the outlet. As the water passes through the drainpipe it flows into the sewer line. There are two types of drainpipes available; cast iron and plastic. Cast iron is considered to be the best type of drainpipe because it lasts longer and does not rust. Plastic is cheaper and easier to install. But it tends to crack and break faster than cast iron.
Types Of Bathtub Drains
There are three different types of bathtub drains available. One is called a “pop-up” style. This kind of drain is installed directly onto the wall above the tub. Another type is called a “drop-in” style. This type of drain is placed directly into the side of the tub. Lastly there is a third option known as a “combination” style. This type of drain is designed to fit both pop-ups and drop-ins. Combination styles are typically found in luxury homes.
This style of drain is easy to install and requires no special tools. All you need is a drill and a screwdriver. First you must measure the distance between the ceiling and the edge of the tub. Then mark the spot where the drain will go. Next cut the holes using a jigsaw. Finally attach the screws to secure the drain in position.
Bathrooms are among the most important rooms in our homes. We spend many hours there each day and we rely heavily upon its function. In fact bathrooms are where we go to relax and unwind. However these spaces are prone to problems due to improper maintenance. One of the most common issues homeowners face is clogged drains. Clogs occur when hair soap scum grease and other foreign objects get stuck inside the pipes. Once these materials enter the pipe they begin to build up and cause blockages. Eventually the buildup becomes too large to pass through the pipes causing water to back up into the sink basin. To avoid this problem you must be proactive and take steps to ensure proper drainage.
There are several ways to prevent clogs. First you should regularly inspect your plumbing fixtures and check for leaks. Second you should always flush your toilet bowl thoroughly prior to using it. Third you should remove food particles and hair from around the base of your sinks and tubs. Fourth you should periodically empty your garbage disposal unit. Finally you should change your shower heads and replace old ones with newer models. All of these actions will help prevent clogs.
Most plumbers suggest inspecting your plumbing fixtures once per month.
Toilet Bowl – Check for cracks or holes in the porcelain. Also check for signs of leaking. Look for discoloration rust or mold growth.
Sink Basin – Examine the overflow hole for leaks. Make sure the trap has been properly installed and that the stopper is working correctly.
Shower Head – Inspect the spray head for cracks or corrosion. Replace worn parts immediately.
Garbage Disposal Unit – Remove the cover plate and inspect the interior of the unit. Change filters as needed.
Bathtubs are very important part of our homes. We take baths regularly and most of us enjoy taking showers too. But there comes a point where we start feeling uncomfortable due to clogged drains. The problem arises because of hair soap scum dirt etc which accumulate inside the tub and eventually block the drainage pipes. So here are some features to look for while choosing a bathroom drain.
Material – Most of the modern day bathrooms are equipped with ceramic tile floors. Ceramic tiles are hardwearing and easy to maintain. However if you have a tiled floor you must ensure that the drain has been fitted into the same material. Otherwise the water could seep between the two materials causing cracks and damages.
Size – Bathroom drains vary in size depending upon the type of shower/bathtub. Generally speaking the smaller the diameter of the pipe the easier it is to install. Also the length of the pipe depends on the height of the bathtub. Usually the taller the bathtub the longer the pipe needs to be. Therefore always check the dimensions of the drain before purchasing it.
Installation – Before installing the drain ensure that the location is free from obstructions. Make sure that the wall studs are properly installed and no electrical wires are present near the installation site. Also ensure that the plumbing lines are completely dry before starting the installation process.
Accessibility – Ensure that the drain is accessible from both sides. In case you plan to replace the existing drain make sure that the old one is removed before fitting the new one.
Durability – Always go for durable products. Check whether the product is rust resistant or not. Some manufacturers claim that their products are rust-proof; however these claims cannot be verified unless the product is tested for its durability.
Price – Price is another factor to consider while selecting a bathroom drain. There are many brands available in the market today. Hence it becomes difficult to select the best one among them. Go for a brand that offers good quality products at reasonable prices.
Different Types Of Bathroom Sinks
Bathrooms are places where most homeowners take pride in their appearance. The design of these rooms plays a major role in determining the overall appeal of the house. In order to create a beautiful bathroom you must ensure that everything works together harmoniously. One of the key elements of creating a perfect bathroom is choosing the right type of sink. There are many different kinds of sinks available today each designed to meet specific needs.
Undermount sinks – Undermount sinks are typically installed directly into the countertop. They provide easy access to plumbing fixtures while maintaining a sleek and modern aesthetic. However because they require additional installation steps they are generally more costly than standard kitchen sinks.
Over-the-counter (OTC) sinks – OTC sinks are mounted above the countertop and allow users to see the water level in the basin. Because they sit higher than traditional kitchen sinks they are easier to reach and maintain. However they lack the functionality of undermount sinks and are therefore more difficult to install.
Lavatory sinks – Lavatories are sinks specifically designed for bathrooms. They are commonly found in master baths and powder rooms. Unlike regular sinks lavatory sinks are built to withstand high levels of moisture and heat. They are also equipped with special features including overflow holes and aerators.
Double bowl sinks – Double bowls are sinks with two basins. They are ideal for large families who share bathing facilities. They are also useful for those who wish to bathe separately from children or pets.
French style sinks – French style sinks are characterized by their rounded corners and curved edges. They are popular among homeowners seeking a unique and elegant look. They are also very practical since they are designed to fit perfectly within the contours of the room.
Grooved edge sinks – Grooved edge sinks are sinks with grooves along the sides. They are designed to be placed next to walls and are particularly suitable for small spaces. Their shape makes them extremely versatile and they are often used in combination with mirrors.
Sink inserts – Sink inserts are sinks that are attached to existing sinks using clips.