List of Top 10 Best Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Foundry seasoned, ready to use upon purchase
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills and campfires
- Oven safe
- Sauté, sear, fry, bake and stir fry to heart's content
- Made in the USA
- Item Shape: Rectangular
- Included Components: Measurement Guide
- Fits over two stovetop burners
- Dual handles for great control
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
- Lodge 12 inch Cast Iron Dual Handle Grill Pan keeps grease off your dish for healthy cooking
- SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coatings or chemicals. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning will get
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America
- Use on ALL Cooking Surfaces - Gas stove top, oven, induction cooktop, campfire, you can use Overmont 2-1 grill/griddle on any heat source. No sharp edges on the bottom will scratch the surface. Just do NOT use it in microwaves.
- Dimensions --Measures 17 inches long and 9.8 inches wide, weighs about 8.8 pounds. Overmont cast iron griddle can be used on both burners of your stove. It is large enough to sear several steaks at a time, or make multiple pancakes at once in the morning. Space and time saver, what else can you ask for?
- Cook Super Fast - Food cooks much quicker than normal, heats up fast and evenly, meats will develop that caramelized crust you often see in restaurants. Pancakes, french toast, grilled cheese, steaks, you can literally cook anything and everything with ease. Great for meal prep!
- Versatile and Heavy Duty - Our double-sided griddle has one ribbed side that is great for grilling meat and veggies, one smooth side that is great for eggs, pancakes. Pre-seasoned and ready to use. The more you cook with it, the more non-stick you’ll get. Take care of it properly, it'll last a lifetime and beyond.
- Two Scrappers Included: 2-pack pan scrappers included for cleaning the stuck on food on both sides, the practical straight edges and curves designed to easily clean any gaps or corners. Please note item is sold as one tray and the image shown on the website is the front and back image of the single tray item.
- 20 x 10.5 cooking area
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills and campfires
- Oven safe
- Sauté, sear, fry, bake and stir fry to heart's content
- Included Components: Cast Iron Grill/Griddle
- 12-inch pre-seasoned cast-iron square grill pan; raised ridges allow fat to drain
- Rugged cast-iron construction heats slowly and evenly
- Pre-seasoned with vegetable oil formula and ready for immediate use
- Long handle with hole for hanging, complemented by helper handle
- EASY TO CLEAN & MAINTAIN – After every use, cast iron should be hand washed, dried thoroughly on the stove at medium heat and seasoned with natural oils; Do not put in dishwasher and do not air dry.
- 13 Inch Pan with easy grease drain spout and large loop handles.
- Gets better with time- pan gets better and more flavorful with use over time, for lasting durability with proper care. To keep delicate foods from sticking, wipe pan with light coating of oil before cooking.
- Pre-seasoned grill pan is ready-to-use.
- Usable in all kitchens: gas, electric, induction, oven, camping, grill etc.
- Excellent heat conduction and retention.
- Includes 12" Square grill pan and 10. 3" Square grill press
- Made in France
- Oven safe up to 500F
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops
- Each piece is one of a kind
- ✔️Better Performance. The Cast iron square grill pan has greater retention and distribution of heat. This seasoned grill pan can keep your food hot for 15 min or longer. Curved and longer Handle for better grip.
- ✔️Lifetime Warranty. High Quality commercial iron casting for durability excellent heat retention. Made in Colombia using European cast iron machinery. Suitable for cooking in: induction, ceramic, campfire, grill, broiler and oven.
- ✔️Ready-to-use Seasoning: 100% Non-GMO Flaxseed Oil Seasoned coating. Does not contain PTFE and PFOAs that can be harmful to your health. Flaxseed Oil is a perfect natural seasoning that gets even better with time. Our Flaxseed oil is a vegan vegetable oil and it’s Kosher certified.
- ✔️Healthy For You. Trace amounts of iron are naturally released when cooking with seasoned cast iron skillet, boosting the mineral in your diet.
- ✔️Versatile. This grill pan can be used as campfire grill pan, vegetable grill pan, panini grill pan, bbq grill pan, stove top grill pan, serving grill pan, and oven-to-table. Suitable for cooking in: induction, ceramic, campfire, grill, broiler and oven. Fits all kitchen and camping needs (The best cast iron steak you'll ever cook indoors!).
How to choose the best Cast Iron Grill Pan
Cast iron grills are ideal for cooking food because they heat evenly and retain heat very well. Grilling is a popular way to cook meat fish vegetables and bread. Cast iron pans are designed to be heavy-duty and durable enough to withstand high temperatures while retaining heat. Because of its durability cast iron has been around since ancient times. In fact cast iron was invented thousands of years ago!
Cook With Less Fat
The secret to healthy eating is to eat foods low in fat. But there is no reason why you cannot enjoy delicious meals using cast iron. Cast iron pans are nonstick which makes cleanup easy. Also cast iron retains heat extremely well. So you can cook healthier dishes without worrying about burning your food. For example grilled chicken breast cooks quickly and stays moist. Try making grilled cheese sandwiches or baked potatoes. Both recipes require minimal oil and butter. Use a cast iron skillet to prepare these tasty treats.
Make Cooking Fun
Grill parties are fun ways to entertain friends and family. Everyone loves to watch someone else cook. Using a cast iron grill gives you the opportunity to show off your culinary skills. Make grilled cheese sandwiches burgers hot dogs pizza and many other types of food. Just remember to always wash your hands thoroughly after handling raw meats and poultry.
Using a cast iron grill saves money because you only need to replace the handle once. Most handles last between 10 and 15 years. However if you’re planning on replacing your cast iron grill check out our selection of replacement parts. We carry everything from knobs to lids. All of our products are manufactured in America and backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Easy To Maintain
Because cast iron is nonstick it does not require special care. Simply season your cast iron grill and start cooking. Once you’ve finished preparing your meal rinse the pan with warm water and dry it completely. Then store it away in a cool dark location. Do not put it directly into the refrigerator or freezer.
Cast iron pans are very versatile cooking tools that can be used for everything from frying eggs to baking bread. In fact many chefs swear by cast iron cookware because of its ability to retain heat and distribute evenly throughout food. However there are several factors to take into consideration when choosing a cast iron skillet. Here are three important considerations to keep in mind when shopping for a cast iron pan.
There are two main types of cast iron pans available today – carbon steel and stainless steel. Carbon steel has been around since the early 1900s while stainless steel was introduced in the 1950s. Both materials provide excellent durability and long-lasting performance. But which material is best suited for your needs?
Both materials are durable and can withstand high temperatures. However carbon steel pans are heavier and thicker than stainless steel pans. Because of these differences carbon steel pans are generally recommended for heavy duty applications such as deep fryers and ovens. Stainless steel pans are lighter weight and thinner making them ideal for everyday use. For example most stovetop recipes call for stainless steel pans because they’re easier to handle and maintain.
Another factor to consider when selecting a cast iron pan is the size of the pan itself. There are four common sizes of cast iron pans available today: 10″ 12″ 14″ and 16″. Each size offers different benefits depending on the application. Smaller pans are perfect for smaller appliances such as waffle makers and skillets. Larger pans are designed for large appliances such as Dutch Ovens and roasters.
Care & Maintenance
Because cast iron pans are nonstick care must be taken during storage and usage. To avoid rusting store your cast iron pans away from moisture and direct sunlight. Never leave your pans unattended while heating or cooling. Also always wash your cast iron pans immediately after using them. Do not put hot pans directly onto cold surfaces.
Features To Look For When Buying A Cast Iron Griddle Pan
Cast iron pans are very versatile cooking tools. They’re easy to cook with because they heat evenly and quickly. The best thing about cast iron pans is that they last forever. Cast iron pans are durable and long lasting. They can be used for many different types of food including pancakes eggs sausages burgers steaks fish vegetables pasta rice etc.
The Best Cast Iron Pans Are Made From High Quality Materials
High quality cast iron pans are made using high grade materials. They are heavy duty and sturdy enough to withstand regular usage. Most cast iron pans are manufactured using stainless steel which makes them rust resistant. Stainless steel is non-reactive and does not react with foods. Therefore cast iron pans are safe to use for most dishes.
They Have Good Heat Retention
Heat retention is another important factor to take into consideration while choosing a cast iron pan. The best cast iron pans retain heat efficiently. They maintain temperature throughout the entire cooking process. In addition cast iron pans release heat slowly. This ensures that food cooks evenly and prevents burning.
They Can Be Used With Different Cooking Methods
Cast iron pans are suitable for both stove top and oven cooking methods.
They Make Great Tools For Campfires
Cast iron pans are perfect camping utensils. They are lightweight and compact. They are also dishwasher safe. They can be used to prepare meals outdoors. They are also useful for preparing hot dogs s’mores marshmallows campfire roasts and stews.
They Keep Food Crispy
Food cooked in cast iron pans stays crispy and moist.
Different Types of Cast Iron Griddles
Cast iron has been around since ancient times. The Romans used it to cook food. In fact many of our modern day kitchen appliances are based on designs created during Roman times. Today cast iron continues to be popular because of its durability and versatility. There are several different types of cast iron griddles available today. Each type offers unique benefits and uses.
Griddle – A flat pan with raised edges. Used primarily for cooking pancakes waffles eggs etc.
Dutch oven – A round pot with a lid. Used for baking bread roasting meats vegetables etc.
Skillet – A shallow pan with straight sides. Used for sauteeing foods frying foods making omelets etc.
Benefits of Using Cast Iron
There are numerous health benefits associated with using cast iron. First cast iron retains heat very efficiently. Because of this cast iron is ideal for slow cooking. Second cast iron heats evenly. Third cast iron does not conduct electricity. Fourth cast iron is nonstick. Fifth cast iron conducts moisture away from food. Finally cast iron is easy to care for. All these factors contribute to the longevity of cast iron. For example cast iron is resistant to rust and corrosion. However there are certain precautions you must take when handling cast iron. Never leave hot cast iron unattended. Also avoid placing hot cast iron directly onto cold surfaces. Lastly always wash your hands thoroughly after touching cast iron.
Types of Cast Iron Griddles
The most commonly known cast iron griddles include skillets Dutch ovens and griddles. Skillets are typically rectangular shaped pans with rounded corners. Dutch ovens are generally round pots with lids. Griddles are flat pans with raised edges. Each type of cast iron griddle has specific advantages and disadvantages. Below are descriptions of each type of cast iron griddle.
Skillet – A skillet is best suited for quick cooking.