List of Top 10 Best Tam O Shanter Hat
- 【Material】Scottish Tam is made from Pure Acrylic Wool and 100% cotton.
- 【Styles 】UMAM has an amazing collection of Eye-Catching colours incorporating different clans throughout different tartans in one Scottish hat.
- 【Standardised】This Scottish Tam is a wonderful fit for all. It can stretch to fit 55cm to 62cm comfortably.
- 【Design】With its traditional Design and a Delightful Matching pom pom on top, this lightweight bonnet is perfect for everyday wear.
- 【Culture】A great way to bring the Scots culture alive with this Tam o' Shatner.
- Tam O' Shanter Hat Acrylic wool Tartan/Tammy Cap
- One Size fits all stretches to fit 55cm to 62cm comfortably
- This hat has an elastic woolen headband
- Matching pom pom on the top
- Scotland Forever Tam O' Shanter Hat
- [SCOTTISH TAM O' SHANTER TAMMY HAT] Scottish Tam O' Shanter Hat Acrylic Tartan/Tammy Cap One Size
- [SIZE AVAILABILITY] 1-size - stretches to fit 55cm to 62cm comfortably
- [DESIGN] This hat has an elastic woolen headband. Matching pom pom on the top
- [MATERIAL]16 OZ Tartan Wool (20% Wool, 80% Acrylic)
- [PRODUCT GUARANTEE] This Scottish Tam O' Shanter Tammy Hat backed by DSS KILTS Guarantee
- Includes Deluxe Tam-O-Shanter Hat, Red, with Hair
- Only available in one size
- Our dedicated in-house Safety team ensure that all of our products are manufactured and rigorously tested to comply with the latest EU and American Safety standards and regulations.
- Smiffys is a leading fancy dress supplier and family business with a 125 year heritage in costumes, wigs, make up and accessories.
- Please note that all our Smiffys products will always come in full Smiffys branded packaging.
- COTTON MATERIAL EXCELLENT AT CONTROLLING MOISTURE AND INSULATION: This unisex cotton cap is constructed with premium pigmented pre-washed cotton twill, excellent stitching, and an soft structured crown
- GET THE PERFECT FIT WITH THE ADJUSTABLE SNAPBACK: Each hat is adjustable for a wide range of sizes with a quick adjusting plastic snapback
- LOOK AND FEEL GREAT WITH THE CLASSIC BRIM HAT DESIGN: This sporty 5-panel structured fit ballcap keeps its shape and is detailed with a classic brim
- COMMEMORATING THE 1950 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF GOLF HELD AT TAM O'SHANTER COUNTR CLUB: This collectible hat features a matte screen print detail. Share your love of golf everytime you wear this out!
- AMERICAN NEEDLE, OVER 100 YEARS OF QUALITY, INNOVATION, AND TRADITION: American Needle attributes its success to the company’s allegiance to its core principles of craftsmanship, leadership, individuality and heritage
- Funny Hat with Hair. Matches Most Plaid Kilts
- Traditional Plaid Scottish Tam O Shanter style. Great for Golf Outings
- Elastic Adjustment. Fits adults or some teens.
- Great for Halloween, Cosplay, Theater and more
- Hand Wash only
- A Classic Scottish Tam with Pompom. Made of Pure New Wool and silk lining
- One Size Fits All
- Made In England
- 100% Wool
- Newsboy cap featuring front-snap brim and custom lining
- Clean Method : Hand Wash Or Dry Clean Only!
- Premium Quality: This brand new berets for women is made of cashmere and acrylic. Very smooth,comfortable,warm and breathable for your skin, suitable for women,lady and girls
- Reversible Design: Our french hat is with dual layers design, which would keep you warmer.Beyond that,both the front side and reverse side are avaiable and convenient to wear
- Size And Color: One size fit the most. For Head circumference of 20.5"-22.5".You can wear it as the picture shows or you could unfold it wear as a beanie.
- Easy To Match Dress: Beret hat is a perfect accessory, conveniently match any outfit in your wardrobe in winter,fall and spring
- Made of 90% Polyester, 10% Wool
- Traditional style with soft quilted inner lining
- Stylish look and high end quality Hat
- Approx Measurement: Small/Medium 22 1/4"~ 22 1/2, Large/X-Large 23 1/4"~23/1/2", Measurement is made around the inside of hat, Crown measures appox 4" deep and brim 2 1/2"
- Traditional style Newsboy Ivy Cap
How to choose the best Tam O Shanter Hat
The tam o shanter hat has been worn throughout history by men and women alike. Originally worn during the 17th century the tam o shanter was originally designed to be worn underneath a man’s kilt. However today the tam o shanter is most commonly associated with Scottish culture. In fact many believe that the tam o shanter originated in Scotland. Today the tam o shanter is still popular among Scotsmen and women who enjoy wearing traditional clothing.
History of the Tam O Shannter
In 1660 King Charles II gave permission for his subjects to wear kilts. As a result the tam o shanter became very popular amongst Scottish men. During the 18th century the tam o shanter evolved into its current form. At this point the tam o shanter began to become fashionable across Europe. Many famous artists wore the tam o shanter including William Shakespeare Robert Burns and James Joyce.
Tam O Shanters Are Popular Amongst Men
Today the tam o shanter remains popular among both men and women. Although the tam o shanter is traditionally worn by men there are now many women who own a pair of these hats. Women typically wear the tam o shanter because it is comfortable and easy to put on. Additionally the tam o shanter is extremely versatile. For example you can wear the tam o shanter with jeans or dress pants. Furthermore the tam o shanter is perfect for casual occasions.
How To Wear A Tam O Shanter
To properly wear a tam o shanter you must first decide whether you’re going to wear it inside-out or outside-in. Inside-out refers to putting the brim of the hat on top of your head while outside-in refers to placing the brim of the hat on the bottom of your head. Once you’ve decided which way you’re going to wear your tam o shanter you must determine where you’re going to wear it.
Tam o shanters are hats worn by Scotsmen during the Scottish Highland Games. In fact the name comes from the Gaelic word ‘tam’ which translates into ‘headgear’. However there are many different types of tam o shanters available today. Some are designed specifically for men while others are meant for women. There are also those that are made of wool and others that are made of synthetic materials. Each type has its own unique features and benefits. So let‚Äôs take a closer look at each type of tam o shanter and see why you should invest in one.
Types of Tam O Shanners
There are three main categories of tam o shanters. First there are the traditional ones. These are the most common style of tam o shanter. They are typically made of wool and have a flat top. They are generally very comfortable and easy to wear. Second there are the modern styles. These are the newer versions of the traditional tam o shanter. They are made of synthetic material and have a rounder shape. Third there are the novelty designs. These are the newest version of the traditional tam o shanter. They are made of wool and have a square shaped brim. All these types of tam o shanters have their advantages and disadvantages. Let‚Äôs take a look at each category.
These are the oldest form of tam o shanters. They are traditionally made of wool and have a flat top. They are very popular among both men and women because they are extremely comfortable. They are also very durable since they are made of natural fibers. However they are not suitable for rainy weather conditions. Also they cannot be washed too frequently since they become heavy and bulky. Another disadvantage of these hats is that they are not waterproof. Therefore they must be stored away from moisture whenever possible.
This is the second category of tam o shanters. They are made of synthetic material and have a rounded shape.
Tam o shanters are hats worn by men during the Scottish Highland Games. The name comes from the Gaelic word ‘tam’ which translates into ‘hat’. In Scotland these hats are traditionally worn by young boys who participate in the games. However today many women wear them too! Tam o shanters are very popular because they’re easy to put on and take off. They’re comfortable and lightweight. They’re also inexpensive and versatile. There are different types of tam o shanters available including flat caps claret-colored ones and others. Each type has its own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most important features to look for when choosing a tam o shanter hat.
The size of the hat is determined by the circumference around the head. Most tam o shanters fall between 18 inches and 22 inches. Some styles are smaller while others are larger. Choose a style that fits comfortably on your head. Also be aware that the brim length varies depending on the style. Some hats have short brims while others have long ones. Make sure you get a hat that suits your face shape. If you have a rounder face go for a shorter brimmed hat. If you have a squarer face opt for a longer brimmed hat.
There are two main types of tam o shanters – flat cap and claret colored. Flat caps are generally rectangular shaped. Claret colored ones are oval shaped. Both types are available in either wool or cotton material. Wool is considered to be superior to cotton. Cotton tends to shrink and become stiff over time. Wool does not stretch and retains its shape. So if you plan to wear your hat regularly go for a woolen version. If you only plan to wear it occasionally then go for a cotton version.
Most tam o shanters are black. But there are also red blue green brown and yellow versions. Black is classic and timeless. Red is bold and eye catching. Brown is earthy and warm. Green is fresh and bright.
Different Types of Tam O Shanters
Tam O Shanters are traditional Scottish garments worn by men during the winter months. The name comes from the Gaelic words tam (meaning ‘head’ or ‘top’) and o shanter (‘coat’). In Scotland these coats are traditionally worn by farmers and fishermen who live in the countryside. However today many people wear them throughout the year because they’re comfortable and practical. There are different styles of tams available including single-breasted double-breasted three-quarter length and long sleeved versions. Some are designed specifically for women while others are suitable for both sexes.
Single Breasted Tams
The most common type of tams is the single breasted coat which has two buttons on each side of the front panel. Single breasted tams are generally shorter than double breasted ones and are typically worn with trousers. They are ideal for those who wish to show off their physique. Double breasted tams are slightly longer and have four buttons on each side of the front panel. They are perfect for formal occasions where you’d rather be dressed smartly than casually. Three quarter length tams are very popular among young adults. They are cut short enough to allow freedom of movement yet long enough to cover the lower part of the body. Long sleeve tams are extremely fashionable and are becoming increasingly popular. They are cut high above the waistline and are usually worn with skirts or dresses.
Double Breasted Tams
These tams are the most commonly seen style of tams. They have two buttoned flaps on either side of the front panel. They are ideal for wearing with suits and jackets. They are particularly useful for outdoor activities such as fishing and hunting. They are also good for formal events where you’d like to dress smartly.
Three Quarter Length Tams
This style of tams is cut low around the waist and is therefore ideal for casual wear. They are especially popular amongst teenagers and college students. They are easy to put on and take off and are ideal for everyday wear.