List of Top 10 Best Tlc Dog Food
- SAVE PRECIOUS TIME IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY: in addition to 3 animal poison control phone number hotlines, this magnet includes two ample areas to write your veterinarian’s & emergency vet’s name and contact info. For best results, use a SHARPIE ULTRA FINE PERMANENT MARKER when writing your vets’ contact info. If there is an accidental ingestion, you can call a poison control center or notify your veterinarian in seconds instead of wasting precious time trying to find the phone number.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED! PREMIUM UPGRADES FROM PAST VERSIONS! – Larger Size of 8” X 10.5” includes newly expanded exhaustive list of Toxic & Safe Foods – compiled in conjunction with and approved by a veterinarian. Text size is 12 pt. and visible to most without the use of magnifying reader glasses.
- HEAVIER WEIGHT THAN PAST VERSIONS! 100% MADE IN THE U.S.A. from a thick 25 Mil weight top grade vinyl that adheres well to any magnetic surface. The Magnet is also attractive enough to be framed and hung on a wall if your refrigerator doesn’t have enough room or does not have a magnetic exterior.
- EVERY ORDER INCLUDES A FREE 5” X 7” EMERGENCY CONTACT CARD. Sometimes it's hard to keep your composure and think straight during an emergency. This print out helps to alleviate the extra stress of having to find a phone number so that you can quickly locate the company or person you need. Great to post on your fridge, near the phone or your door. Great to have for a baby sitter, parent, grandparent, house or pet sitter too!
- Contains (1) 24 Pound Bag of Dry Dog Food
- Real salmon is the 1 ingredient
- Formulated for all breeds and lifestages, from puppies to senior dogs
- No corn, wheat, artificial colors or flavors
- For over 30 years, Nature's Recipe has purposefully crafted recipes with all natural ingredients, and added vitamins, minerals, and nutrients
- This plastic airtight container is the ideal solution for storing dog or cat food, other pet food, and more.
- Pet food bins have airtight seals and snap lock latches to keep out moisture and pests for secure dry food storage.
- 12 QT storage container stacks on the 33 QT storage container, and included scoop makes measuring food easy.
- BPA free rolling storage bins come with casters for easy mobility. Perfect for dry dog food, cat food, or bird seed
- Dimensions: 16.50"L x 10.83"W x 18.63"H
- ADVANCED AIR CLEANING TECH: Combines a HEPA-13 filter that captures 99.97% of dust, pollen, smoke, mold, & other ultrafine impurities, combined with Plasma Ion Technology that projects positive and negative ions in the air allowing you to breathe easy.
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Filters up to 630 SQFT per hour, and AHAM-Verified to exchange 126 SQFT 5 times per hour, allowing you to breathe cleaner air in minutes.
- AUTO MODE: Automatically senses the air quality and adjusts the fan up or down according to detected quality. Light band indicates when air quality is good (white), okay (orange) or poor (red) and adjusts to get back to good.
- ODOR REDUCER: Activated carbon filter layer helps decreasing unpleasant smells, allowing your rooms or office space to be refreshed.
- WHISPER-QUIET: Light sensor automatically turns off displays and lowers noise to whisper-quiet levels when it is time for bed.
- REAL MEAT FIRST: Blue Buffalo foods always feature real meat as the first ingredient; High-quality protein from real chicken helps your dog build and maintain healthy muscles; Plus they contain wholesome whole grains, garden veggies and fruit
- FOR ADULT DOGS: BLUE Life Protection Formula adult dog food contains essential proteins and carbohydrates to help meet the energy needs of adult dogs, and features omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to promote a shiny coat and healthy skin
- ANTIOXIDANT-RICH LIFESOURCE BITS: A precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support immune system health, life stage needs and a healthy oxidative balance
- A NATURAL DOG FOOD: BLUE dry dog food is made with the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals; BLUE contains NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives
- Contains one (1) 30 lb. Bag of BLUE Life Protection Formula Adult Dry Dog Food, Chicken and Brown Rice
- This dry puppy food is formulated to support a healthy immune system and overall growth for puppies
- This puppy food provides DHA from fish oil for healthy brain & eye development
- Supports lean muscle growth with quality protein
- Uses a balanced set of minerals to promote strong bones and strong teeth in young dogs
- Made with natural ingredients
- A large breed puppy food specially made with an optimal level of calcium for controlled bone growth
- Uses a balanced set of minerals to promote strong bones and teeth in large puppies. Caloric content: 3970 kcal/kilogram(394 kcal/cup)
- Uses DHA from fish oil to support healthy brain and eye development for growing dogs
- High-quality protein helps your large pup build and maintain lean muscle
- Made in the USA with global ingredients you can trust
- This dry puppy food supports the developmental needs of puppies in a small kibble and delicious chicken flavor
- This dry food for small breed puppies provides DHA from fish oil for healthy brain and eye development
- Provides your growing little dog with high quality protein for building lean muscle
- Uses a balanced set of minerals to promote strong bones and strong teeth
- Made with natural ingredients
- LIQUID FISH OIL FOR DOGS: Includes (1) 16 fl oz bottle of Natural Dog Company Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil that is formulated for dogs of any size, age, or breed and will support your dog's health from the inside out.
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY SKIN & SHINY COAT: Our oil softens skin and fur while relieving dry, itchy skin, reducing shedding, and minimizing skin allergy symptoms.
- FOOD TOPPER TO SUPPORT IMMUNE SYSTEM & OVERALL HEALTH: Our dog fish oil is enriched with Omega-3 & Omega-6 fatty acids and a powerful blend of other nutrients that support heart health, joint health, cognitive function, and immunity.
- ALL NATURAL & ORGANIC SINGLE INGREDIENT: Made in a FDA registered facility and Non-GMO this all natural salmon oil for dogs is free of fillers, additives, and preservatives. Just one single ingredient!
- MADE IN USA:Transform mealtime with our dog fish oil supplement that boasts a delicious salmon taste that dog's love. Just add the recommended pumps to your pup's regular food. Please consult with your Vet before giving your dog a new supplement.
- This dry puppy food uses DHA from fish oil to support healthy brain & eye development
- Provides your small breed dog with high-quality protein for building lean muscle
- Uses a balance of minerals to promote strong bones and healthy teeth. Caloric content:3787 kcal/kg (397 kcal/cup)
- Uses an antioxidant blend specifically for lifelong immune support in toy and miniature dogs
- Mix up meal time with our convenient, single- serve tray - Science Diet Puppy Small Paws Savory Stew with Chicken & Vegetables
How to choose the
best tlc dog food
TLC stands for “The Last Chance”. It is a brand name for pet foods which has been around since the early 1990’s. In fact, it was originally developed by Dr. Ian Billingham who wanted to create a high-quality diet specifically designed for dogs suffering from chronic kidney disease (CKD). He believed that there was no way to reverse CKD once it had set in; however, he did believe that his product could slow its progression. His goal was to give these pets a chance to live longer lives while still being able to enjoy quality of life.Dr. Billingham started developing his own line of products based upon research into canine nutrition. After years of testing different ingredients, formulas, and recipes, he came up with a formula that worked best for him and his patients. Today, TLC continues to be the leading provider of diets for dogs with CKD. Their mission statement is “To improve the health and longevity of companion animals worldwide.”In addition to providing a healthy diet for dogs with CKD, TLC offers many other benefits including:• No artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, fillers, or additives• Contains only natural sources of protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, prebiotics, enzymes, amino acids, omega fatty acids, fiber, and water• Made using human grade ingredients• Allergen free• Gluten Free• Kosher certified• Certified organic• Non GMO Project verified• USDA inspected• 100% guaranteed satisfaction guarantee• Manufactured in the USA• BPA free packaging• Packaged in recyclable cartons• Produced in facilities that follow strict guidelines regarding animal welfare and environmental responsibility• Labels printed in the U.S.A. with soy ink• Product tested for heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics, hormones, GMOs, etc. prior to distribution• Products manufactured according to FDA regulations• Quality control performed by third party laboratories• Guaranteed shelf life of 12 months• Available online and in retail stores nationwide• Always available in convenient locations
TLC stands for Total Life Care. It’s a term that describes the overall health care needs of dogs. Dogs require different types of foods depending on age, breed, activity level, lifestyle, etc. For example, puppies need high protein diets while adult dogs need lower calorie diets. Some breeds need special diets because of certain genetic disorders. All dogs benefit from proper nutrition. However, there are many factors involved in choosing the right diet for your pet. Here are three important considerations to keep in mind when selecting a healthy dog food.
Dogs eat differently than humans. Their digestive systems process nutrients very quickly. Therefore, most commercial dog foods contain ingredients designed to meet nutritional requirements within 24 hours. In addition, these products are formulated to be palatable to dogs. Unfortunately, this quick digestion rate leads to nutrient deficiencies. Nutrient deficiencies cause problems ranging from lethargy to vomiting. To avoid these issues, feed your dog a complete and balanced diet containing adequate amounts of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, antioxidants, probiotics, prebiotics, amino acids, fatty acids, omega 3 & 6 oils, phytonutrients, enzymes, and water soluble vitamins.
Many studies show that feeding your dog a natural raw meat based diet has numerous benefits including improved immune function, reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, obesity, allergies, and dental diseases. Raw meats include beef, chicken, lamb, pork, venison, turkey, duck, rabbit, fish, shellfish, eggs, dairy, and organ meats. Many veterinarians recommend feeding raw meat based diets to pets because they believe that eating whole animals promotes good gut flora which improves immunity. Additionally, raw meat contains beneficial bacteria called “probiotics” that aid in digestion and promote intestinal health. Probiotic supplements are available for human consumption, however, they aren’t recommended for dogs due to potential side effects. Instead, feed your dog fresh organic vegetables, fruits, herbs, spices, nuts, seeds, grains, beans, lentils, and legumes. These foods support optimal gastrointestinal health and improve absorption rates of nutrients.
It’s easy to get caught up in the hype surrounding super premium brands. But, remember that price isn’t everything
TLC (The Honest Kitchen) has been around since 2004 and was founded by Dr. Ian Billingsley who wanted to create healthy foods for dogs. He created his own line of products called “Honest” which includes dry kibble, wet food, treats, supplements, and toys.
Dog Food Reviews
There are many different types of dog food available today. Some brands claim to be healthier while others promise to give your pet longer lasting results. However, there are certain features that most reputable companies share. Here are five important factors to keep in mind when choosing a brand of dog food.
Quality Ingredients – Most quality dog foods contain high protein levels and low carbohydrate content. Carbohydrates cause gas production in dogs’ digestive systems. High protein diets promote lean muscle growth and weight loss.
Natural Flavor – Natural flavors are derived from fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, and essential oils. Many natural flavor additives are safe for dogs because they aren’t processed using harsh chemicals.
No Artificial Colors or Preservatives – Dogs cannot distinguish between artificial colors and naturally occurring ones. Therefore, these ingredients could potentially harm your pets health.
High Nutrient Levels – All dog foods must meet minimum nutrient requirements set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO). AAFCO standards ensure that each ingredient meets its nutritional needs.
Low Fat Content – Low fat dog foods are typically lower in calories and higher in fiber. Fiber aids digestion and promotes regular bowel movements.
How Do We Know Which Brand Works Best?
We’ve done our research! Our team tested several popular brands of dog food including Purina Pro Plan, Hill’s Science Diet, Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild, and Royal Canin. Each product passed our rigorous testing process and we found that only two stood above the rest. Read on to learn why we recommend these top picks.
This premium formula contains no corn, wheat, soy, gluten, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, or yeast. In addition, it does not contain added sugar, salt, preservatives, artificial color
TLC dog foods are designed specifically for dogs who suffer from allergies. Allergies cause many problems including itching, scratching, and hair loss. Many pet owners believe that these symptoms are caused by fleas, which is why they give their pets flea treatments. However, there are several reasons why your dog could be suffering from allergy related issues. One reason is because he has been fed too much meat based diets. Meat contains proteins that trigger allergic reactions in sensitive animals. Another common problem is that your dog’s diet does not contain enough fiber. Fiber absorbs moisture and prevents bacteria growth. Without sufficient amounts of fiber, your dog’s digestive tract becomes irritated causing him to experience diarrhea and vomiting.
Types of TLC Dog Foods
Allergy Free – These products are formulated using only natural ingredients. Some companies include probiotics to promote healthy digestion.
Grain Free – Grain free formulas are perfect for those dogs who cannot tolerate grains. Most grain free formulas are high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
Vegetarian – Vegetarian diets are recommended for dogs who are prone to gastrointestinal disorders. These diets are lower in fat and higher in fiber.
Raw Diet – Raw diets are considered to be very beneficial for dogs who suffer from chronic health conditions. Raw diets are rich in vitamins and minerals.
Benefits of TLC Dog Food
It reduces the risk of developing certain diseases
They improve overall health
They reduce the chances of getting sick
They increase longevity
They boost immunity
They keep your dog lean
They enhance coat quality
They decrease shedding
They eliminate odor
They prevent obesity
How To Select TLC Dog Food
Read labels carefully
Look for “allergen free” signs
Check ingredient lists
Avoid brands containing corn, wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree